As Yoga and mindfulness practices make their way into modern medicine more medical professionals are beginning to explore research-based practices for their patients and clients. Much research is suggesting that these practices may be utilized as adjunctive tools for various diseases and disabilities due to their ability to integrate, relax, and restore the body and mind. This course looks to fill the gap between modern medicine and yoga through offering education on human physiology, pathology, symptomology, and how best to adapt practices and programming when working with special populations. This course is led by a registered nurse and kinesiologist who are both actively integrating yoga and mindfulness into western medicine paradigms.
Over the course of the weekend we will explore:
- Scope of Practice and ethics
- Bringing the practices to the individual
- Stress, ACE, and Inflammation
- Anatomy of Immunology and practices for support
- Anatomy of the Digestive system and practices for support
- Anatomy of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory system and Pranayama
- Anatomy of the Endocrine system and finding balance through restorative practice
- Nervous system, physical limitations, and facilitating practice
Schedule: Friday 6:30pm-9:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 8:30am-5:00pm
$500 plus tax ($525).
$105 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot.
The remaining $420 plus taxes is due on the first day of classes, or:
We offer flexible payment plans including:
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
Sarah Lindquist and Chelsey Mowat
A deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposits are not refundable. Cancelations up to 30 days prior to the event may be issued a credit with Empowered Yoga to be used towards a different program. Unfortunately we are unable to issue a credit or refund the deposit within 30 days of the event. Certificates of completion may be issued upon the successful completion of the requirements above. Once a certificate is issued students may be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT. For more info, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 3, 2020 - January 5, 2020
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Empowered Collective