Studying and Living Ayurveda: a 50-hour training with Matthew Remski
Ayurveda is old medicine for a new age. This course is both contemplative and pragmatic, and will leave trainees with a richer understanding of their holistic resources. Trainees will explore the poetic language of one the world’s oldest wellness systems, contemplate constitutional differences of themselves and clients, and consider the details of relationships to time, food, work, and the life cycle. A two-part schedule will give plenty of opportunity to digest the readings, the quizzes and homework assignments, and to experiment with various practices at home and with case studies. The course is supported by a 160-page manual, a full bibliography, required readings and an online quizzing system. Part 2 will be scheduled for the Fall 2016.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-6:00pm
- Scope-of-practice relationships between Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy, and biomedicine.
- Core Ayurvedic wellness vocabulary, and the psychosomatic connections and narrative medicine techniques it affords.
- Non-essentializing constitutional assessment, and the interpretive/therapeutic pathways that assessment offers.
- Assessment of digestive function from an Ayurvedic perspective.
- Dietary recommendations as per constitution and symptomology.
- Psychoemotional themes of tissue-elements.
- Therapeutic applications of the five vayus.
- Therapeutic application of asana/pranayama as per constitution and symptomology.
- Therapeutic organization of daily routine as per constitution and symptomology.
- Therapeutic consideration of the life-arc as per constitution.
Ayurveda science of self-healing: Lad
*for special circumstances we offer extended payment plans. Limited quantity available
A deposit is required to hold your spot. Please note you must pay in order to hold your spot in workshops and training. Cancelations up to 30 days prior to the event may be issued a credit. Unfortunately we are unable to issue a credit within 30 days of the event. For more info, contact Michele at info@localhost
A deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposits are not refundable. Cancelations up to 30 days prior to the event may be issued a credit with Empowered Yoga to be used towards a different program. Unfortunately we are unable to issue a credit or refund the deposit within 30 days of the event. Certificates of completion may be issued upon the successful completion of the requirements above. Once a certificate is issued students may be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT. For more info, contact us at email@example.com
August 14, 2015 - August 16, 2015
5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- April 11, 2015
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- April 12, 2015
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Venue: Mosaic Centre