PTSD YOGA – Trauma Informed Practice with Tiffany Rose and Pamela Moskie
An introduction to trauma informed yoga for yoga teachers. This course will give participants insight and ability to increase trauma awareness in their current offerings.
In this course we will explore trauma theory through the lens of western psychological treatment and the ways in which yoga and eastern medicine intersect with this approach.
Discussion and analysis of ways in which yoga can provide support and how our language, teaching methodologies, traditions and perceptions can be shifted to become more inclusive.
We will explore recent discoveries in trauma theory which validate yoga and other mindfulness practices and contraindicated certain others.
Overcoming Trauma through Yoga by: David Emerson
- Participants will be familiar with the evolution of trauma theory and the current approach/best practices for working with trauma
- Participants will become familiar with trauma informed teaching tools such as trauma informed language, physical contact, boundary awareness and how to create a safer more inclusive environment for those living with PTSD
- Participants will gain a basic understanding of the physiology of the nervous system and how it relates to trauma
- Interactive classes including discussion, asana and theory
- Course materials with room for notes provided at beginning of first class
- 20 CEUs with Yoga Alliance
- 20 elective credits towards Empowered Yoga 300 HR advanced teacher training
- Friday June 3, 6 – 9pm, Saturday June 4 & Sunday June 5, 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Investment: $400.00
ERYT 500, PTSD YOGA facilitator at Unguru, Owner of LacOMbe Yoga
Tiffany Rose is a deeply authentic and passionate facilitator. She has a desire to share the wisdom yoga offers for those living with severe/treatment resistant mental health issues. Her approach is based in specialized training in Trauma Sensitive Yoga through the empirically supported methods developed at The Trauma Centre at JRI with David Emerson and Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk and her own experience as a cult survivor who is living with life-long (treatment resistant) Complex PTSD.
M.A., Registered Psychologist, ERYT, Intermediate yoga teacher with the Yoga Association of Alberta.
Pamela has taught yoga for 13 years in Camrose, AB. She has a Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology and is registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. For the last five years she has worked in depth with trauma survivors from all walks of life in her personal psychological practice as well as at the Mental Health clinic in Wetaskiwin.
Her approach to psychology and yoga is informed by many sources including Western and Eastern philosophical systems. She believes that through movement, breath work, contemplation and guided visualization yoga can be an essential tool for developing physical and psychological resilience as well as spiritual depth.
A deposit is required to hold your spot. Deposits are not refundable. Cancelations up to 30 days prior to the event may be issued a credit with Empowered Yoga to be used towards a different program. Unfortunately we are unable to issue a credit or refund the deposit within 30 days of the event. Certificates of completion may be issued upon the successful completion of the requirements above. Once a certificate is issued students may be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT. For more info, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
June 3, 2016 - June 5, 2016
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Venue: Mosaic Centre