500HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Edmonton’s leading and first modular 300HR/500HR advanced yoga teacher training program with experienced teachers, innovative practices, safe discourse, flexible schedule and convenient payment plans.
Empowered 300HR advanced yoga teacher training is self-paced and individually designed based on your vision as a teacher. Just as there is no “one size fits all” yoga practice, we believe that each teacher is unique in their offerings and it is our goal to create a program that awakens these talents, empowering teachers to find their own voice. The modules may be taken over the course of one calendar year, or you may wish to spread the modules over several years of study in order to better fit your goals and lifestyle.
We encourage students to ask intelligent questions, determine context and applicability, work synergistically within modern health care paradigms, and most importantly create their own style based in both tradition and innovation—We do not SHOULD on our students and teachers.
Join the EMPOWERED movement
We understand the financial and time commitment for educational pursuits. We are committed to offering flexibility for both finances and schedules that allow our program to be accessible to everybody. Once you have selected your curriculum we will work out a payment plan that is comfortable for you.
To apply for the 300 Hr advanced course, a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate from any school is required. The successful completion of 300 hours of Empowered Yoga continued education will certify you as a 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher, as recognized by Yoga Alliance.
Please contact us for more information
6 Core Modules (150HRS) + Elective Modules (150HRS) = 300HR EMPOWERED Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
The core modules will include important foundational information focused on anatomy, biomechanics, alignment, psychology, philosophy, energetics, and movement practices from various disciplines; their role in grounding people in their bodies while awakening potential and increasing vitality. Teachers will gain an even deeper understanding of the fusion of anatomy & physiology and the eastern energetics and how each lens offers a different perspective when viewing individual bodies and experiences. The focus is creating classes that are accessible and inclusive to EVERYBODY.
In addition to the 6 core modules, which are offered once per year from January through June, there are also ‘elective’ hours. YOU get to decide what you study based on what inspires you. We offer many specialty courses and bring in various ‘experts’ from various fields. These courses may be selected from both our specialty and online courses.
Both the core modules and the elective credits may be started at any time, meaning you may take electives before core or in any order that best suits you. In addition we have flexible payment options for those needing to space out payments for comfort.
Once you have completed 300HRS through Empowered (including the 6 core modules and electives) you will be granted a 300HR advanced certificate from Empowered Yoga and eligible to register as a 500HR instructor with the Yoga Alliance.
All of our modules are open modules and offered once per calendar year. These modules will typically be offered in the same month each year, allowing you to better plan your course of study. We have even included some online options so that you may reduce travel expenses.
The Core modules are offered from January through May/June and while it is recommended you take all six core modules together in the sequential order, it is also possible to take them over a few years and still successfully complete the 300HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. The core modules include:
- Yoga Philosophy 2.0: Doing Yoga Philosophy Today with Matthew Remski (January)
- Yoga Anatomy 2.0: Joint CommUNITY and movement with Michele Theoret( February)
- Enlighten Up: Fascia and Myo-fascial Release with Michele Theoret (March)
- Mind-Body-Energy: Brain, breath, body and beyond with Michele Theoret (April)
- Asana 2.0: Refinement, Alignment and Reverence in Asana with Michele Theoret (May)
- Flow 2.0: Intelligent Sequencing (formerly called Movement Medicine) with Michele Theoret (June)
Tentative Elective listing and schedule:
- 25HR Facilitating Meditation and Mindfulness (January)
- 25HR Rocket Vinyasa (January)
- 25HR Yoga Nidra (February)
- 25HR Ayurveda (February)
- 25HR Empowered Kids Yoga & Mindfulness (Summer/Winter)
- 25HR Empowered Littles Yoga & Mindfulness (online)
- 25HR Beology Retreat (March/April)
- 25HR Trauma Sensitive Yoga (April/May)
- 25HR Integrating Reiki and yoga (April/May)
- 25HR Empowered Teens Yoga & Mindfulness (Summer/Winter)
- 25HR Applied Yoga Therapeutics: Integrating Yoga and Biomechanics Jules Mitchell (May/June)
- 25HR Yoga for Athletes (June/July)
- 25HR Applied Yoga Therapeutics: Integrating Yoga, Physiology and Pathology (July)
- 25HR Applied Yoga Therapeutics: Integrating Yoga and Mental Health (July/August)
- 25HR Applied Yoga Therapeutics: Therapeutic Relationship, Goal setting and Program Design (August/online)
- 20HR-50HR Yin Yoga (September)
- 25HR-85HR Prenatal Yoga with Mamata Yoga (September/October/November) *listed on www.mamatayoga.com
- 25HR Yoga for Pain Care (October)
- 25Hr Sustainable Yoga for Longevity & Aging (Fall/Winter)
- 25HR Restorative Yoga (November/December) *this module also offered online
- Online modules
- Specialty Workshops
sign up for the
EmpoweredU mailing list
For updates on new classes, modules, online courses, retreats and more!