800HR Integrated Yoga Therapeutics Certificate
A modern perspective and approach for those looking to integrate yoga and wellness concepts for specialty groups and private sessions.
As “yoga therapy” enters the mainstream, concerns about the scope of practice and teaching methods become more prevalent. Yoga teachers, however, are continually expected to work with clients/students to either prevent injury or to guide them through asana after they’ve completed rehab. The more information on pathology, adaptation, recovery, pain science and trauma sensitivity a teacher has, the better they are equipped to manage the gratifying responsibility of working with any population. Yoga takes a ‘whole’istic approach to wellness and therefore may also be beautifully integrated into other therapeutic modalaties for counsellors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and more.
Our integrated Yoga therapeutics program is a synergistic blend of many alternative health-care focused practices fused with yoga and functional movement paradigms in order to create a program that complements traditional healthcare practices. We do not diagnose or treat specific illnesses, and injuries, rather learn to work alongside our client’s medical professionals and licensed health-care teams in order to create more optimal states of well-being. You can think of this program as a ‘masters’ in yoga where we look to integrate research and theory into a living practice focused on building resilience and empowerment.
We believe that yoga is a holistic form of preventative medicine and self-care and therefore created this 800HR course as a credible program designed to train yoga teachers in various therapeutic modalities. This program effectively trains yoga teachers to work with specialty populations as well as enhance their skills working one-on-one, including developing therapeutic relationships, setting goals, encouraging compliance, motivation, program design and more. Advance your education and experience in order to develop comprehensive tools that allow you to guide your clients/students in becoming engaged and inspired in their own health and vitality.
Potential students are experienced yoga teachers, movement teachers, therapists, and bodyworkers with a desire to create holistic treatment plans for individuals and special populations that address common health issues and enhance vitality, recognizing the importance of mind, body, emotions, and spirit on wellness.
800HR Yoga Therapeutics program develops a thorough understanding of all the systems in the body and how they coalesce and create vitality in a state of equilibrium, however, when out of balance may lead to various illnesses, injuries, and fatigue. We have collaborated with many health care professionals including physiotherapists, psychologists, registered nurses, movement therapists and manual therapists to bring you the most integrated and effective program. Our main instructors are Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Registered nurses and massage therapists who in addition to having professional backgrounds have been practicing and teaching yoga and mindfulness for decades.
A measure of a great Integrated Yoga Therapeutics leader is not how many clients you have, or how much you know, rather it is in your ability to educate your client and inspire them to create lasting health and happiness through compassionate curiosity and integration.
Upon completion, students will be granted a 1000HR Integrated Yoga Therapeutics Specialist Certificate. This course is not affiliated or registered with the yoga alliance.
- 450 HRS Core Modules (16)
- 50 HRS BEology Mindfulness-Based Wellness (10-week online course and 25HR BEology Meditation and Mindfulness* available online or in-person)
- 150 HRS Electives (specialty courses like Yin, Prenatal, Kids, Somatic Stress Release, Yoga and Womens Heath and other courses)
- 150 HRS Practicum including a self-directed research based project
Core modules (16) 450 HRS
- 25HR Anatomy 2.0: Joint Communities and Embodiment
- 25HR Enlighten: Fascia, movement, and rolling
- 25 HR Philosophy 2.0
- 25HR Asana 2.0: Alignment and Integrity
- 25HR Sequencing 2.0: Intelligent Sequencing
- 25 HR Mind-Body-Energy: Yoga Psychology and beyond
- 25HR Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- 25HR Yoga for Athletes and Functional Mobility
- 25HR Sustainable Yoga: Yoga and Aging
- 25 HR Restorative Yoga (online or in-person)
- 25HR Yoga Nidra
- 50 HR Yoga for Pain Care (offered as pain care level 1 and level 2 through pain care U)
- 25HR Applied Biomechanics (This module was formerly offered as 50HR Yoga Prehab. Available online or in-person)
- 25HR Applied Physiology and Pathology: Supporting welness
- 25HR Yoga & Mental Health
- 25HR The therapeutic relationship: Compassionate curiosity, non-judgmental listening, program design and professional practice (This module was formerly offered as 50HR Yoga Prehab)
BEology Mindfulness-Based Wellness (2) 50HRS
- BEology:10 week Life Practice (in person or online)
- BEology Guiding Meditation & Mindfulness (in person or online)
Elective Modules 150HRS
- 20HR, 30HR or 50HR Yin
- 25HR, 50HR or 85 HR Prenatal
- 25HR, 50HR or 75 HR Empowered Youth Yoga & Mindfulness
- 25-50HR Ayurveda
- 20HR-40HR Reiki 1 & 11
- 25HR Yoga and Women’s Health
- 50HR Somatic Stress Relief
- Specialty workshops or transfer credits
Research and Design Project 50HRS (part of practicum)
Students are required to research, design and complete a registered yoga program on a topic of choice. Previous topics have been restorative yoga for stress, chair yoga for chronic pain, and Yoga for anxiety. Students will also be required to complete an academic research paper on the topic above where they compile and summarize recent research on the topic and integrate this information into program development and facilitation.
Practicum & Mentorship 100HRS
- 100HRS teaching specialty programs or working one on one with clients
- 25HR mentorship and supervision (may be done online) including submitting class plans and client notes and consultation
- 25HRS program design, paper-work, and additional session preparation
CURRICULUM (2 YEAR PROGRAM SAMPLE)
Courses are offered once per the calendar year with the exception of the online courses which are self-paced and may be taken at any time. We can customize any timetable for individual students. This will ensure a pace that is comfortable, affordable and appropriate for each individual student.
2 YEAR PROGRAM Course Flow Sample
** This year focuses on theory and foundation. The competencies and learning outcomes developed in year 1 create the foundation and background knowledge necessary to be successful in the year 2 curriculum.
- Advanced Anatomy: Joint Communities
- Enlighten: Fascia, myofascial meridians, and movement
- Advanced Yoga Philosophy (available online)
- Mind-Body-Energy: The Brain and Beyond
- Postures to Prayers: Asana refinement, modifications, and deeper meaning
- Movement Medicine: Intelligent Sequencing
- Meditation & Mindfulness (available online)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Yoga for Athletes (available online)
- Yoga and Aging
- Restorative Yoga (available online)
- Yoga Nidra
- BEology Mindfulness-based Wellness 10-week course (available online)
*Modules are 25Hr weekend and week intensives
**This year focuses on the practical application of Yoga as Therapy. The Yoga Therapy courses will be limited to 12 students per year
- Integrated Yoga & Wellness 1 (applied biomechanics)
- Integrated Yoga & Wellness 2 (applied physiology and pathology)
- Integrated Yoga & Wellness 3 (yoga and mental health)
- Integrated Yoga & Wellness 4 (therapeutic relationship)
- Pain Care Yoga
- Yin, Prenatal or other electives
- 150Hrs Practicum and research project
TUITION (APPROXIMATE DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU COMPLETED MODULES PRICES MAY BE DIFFERENT)
Core Modules $6000-$7500 (depending on online or in person instruction)
Elective modules $2000-$3000
BEology Mindfulness and Meditation $600
Practicum and Mentor fee ( 1HR supervision per 20 HR client work and 2 HRS for project supervision) $1000
Total Tuition Cost $9600-12000 (payment plans are available)
Contact Michele Theoret at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
sign up for the
EmpoweredU mailing list
For updates on new classes, modules, online courses, retreats and more!