Philosophy 2.0 with Matthew Remski: 8 Critical Problems in Modern Yoga and How to work with them
What you will engage:
- A clear-eyed view on the political, economic, and cultural pressures facing the modern global yoga scene today.
- Up-to-date resources on a wide range of hot-button issues.
- Survivor-centred discussion of yoga institutions in the age of (potential) reform.
- An examination of key community health tools, including scope of practice, cult awareness, online safety, equality, anti-ableism.
- Open engagement with instructor and fellow learners via Google Classroom.
This course includes 8 live or pre-recorded webinars and an essay assignment
- Yoga in the Time of Covid
- Yoga is not Conspirituality
- How to study and define “yoga” with integrity, humility, and respect. (Sincerely engaging the cultural appropriation issue.)
- How to think about and what to do about the history of male violence in modern yoga education.
- How to think about and what to do about the history of photo-centric performance stress in modern yoga.
- How to understand and avoid cultic dynamics in yoga and spiritual groups.
- How to resist the co-optation of yoga practice, teaching, and culture as a means of making privilege and consumer capitalism more “spiritual”.
- How and why to practice in the shadow of climate crisis.
You will be automatically re-directed to Matthew Remski’s personal website for course registration. Following course completion you will be required to complete a short essay for reflection to receive credits towards our 300HR or 800HR program. In order to receive the 30CEU’s you will be asked to pay $50 at the time of essay submission.
Investment $250 (with $50 CEU Essay Submission)
sign up for the
EmpoweredU mailing list
For updates on new classes, modules, online courses, retreats and more!