200HR Yoga Teacher Training Online
Our world-class 200HR Yoga teacher training program now offered in a condensed online format allowing students the opportunity for a self-paced study from anywhere and around their own schedule. Students will have exclusive access to the entire online teacher training program for up to 2 years and in addition, will have access to our unlimited online studio membership for an entire year. In the unlimited studio membership, you will have access to over 50 yoga classes, guided meditations, yoga nidra, and stress management workshops.
In this program, you will receive a downloadable manual in addition to access to our entire 200HR online curriculum consisting of narrated slides, video lectures, and full practices offering posture demonstration, teaching methodology, and effective strategies for modifying practices for your students.
The course is divided up into individual modules which include video lectures, practice components, reading assignments, and teaching applications.
In each module, we will dissect various layers of practice including history, philosophy, anatomy, physiology, energetics, breathing, psychology, mindfulness, and more. In addition, we will explore various components of teaching methodology during each weekend module including:
- how to effectively cue and modify postures for all levels and abilities
- introducing breath work in a progressive and gentle way
- sequencing classes intelligently according to goals of practice (Restorative versus invigorating)
- introducing and guiding meditation creatively and cooperatively for diverse needs
- trauma-informed teaching, consent, adjustments, and language
Our vision is to extract meaning and context from ancient practices and combine this with modern ideas from psychology and exercise sciences in order to create accessible classes while honoring the roots of yoga. It is very clear that no two people share the same experiences, this program opens up the dialogue between many therapeutic and movement modalities empowering through the balance of education and exploration.
In addition to the manual and online components, students will be expected to acquire (note some books are optional reading)
- Roots of Yoga: Mallinson and Singleton (Required)
- Anatomy Colouring Book: Kapit and Elson (Required)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Optional)
- Bhagavadgita (Optional)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Optional)
Support is also available from Michele Theoret via email at email@example.com
Michele has been leading teacher training for 10 years and has been teaching yoga for 20 years. In addition, she has 9 years post-secondary education (Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science; Masters Science Natural Health Sciences; Masters Arts Counselling Psychology), extended training in therapeutic modalities (DBT, EMDR, Compassion Focused Therapies, Gottman, Mindfulness), decades of formal training in yoga (yoga nidra, restorative yoga, power yoga, rocket yoga, hatha yoga, etc..), and several personal training, strength & conditioning, and functional movement courses (CPT, CSCC, Sports Conditioning).
Payment plans of 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months are available for this program
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Applied Anatomy for Yoga
- Prana and Pranayama (energy, physiology, breath work)
- Yoga Psychology, mindfulness, and meditation
- Teaching methodology
- Asana (postures) application and modification
- Practical exam (consists of video and or audio samples of teaching) and Final assignment (essay questions based on the course material)
sign up for the
EmpoweredU mailing list
For updates on new classes, modules, online courses, retreats and more!